Learn more about Common Core at one of these Upcoming Events! Oct 5th, 18th and 23rd
Saturday, October 5 –
Kansas City – Saturday October 5, 2013
North Kansas City Community Center 1-6:00*
- The History of Common Core Standards – How Did We Get Here?
- High Quality Standards For Everyone? Not so much. What about special needs kids? How could
- CC harm early learners?
- Testing Testing Testing
- Data Collection – The government wants to know everything about your children. How can you protect their privacy?
- What are your rights according to Missouri state law? How can you begin to assert those rights?
- What is happening at the federal level when it comes to Common Core, Data Collection and state’s rights to control education
- The future of education in Missouri – a common sense approach based on local assertion of rights already granted by our constitution and legislature.
There will be break out sessions for various interest groups to network with other grassroots activists.
School Board Members – Know your rights as a School Board member. Compare experiences and network with other board members who are trying to get their district out of the public/private system of common standards.
Grassroots Activists – For parents, taxpayers, teachers, legislators. We’ll talk about everything in our activist kit, answer questions and get you networking.
Non-Public Schools (Catholic/Private/Home Schools) – Whether or not CC is in or coming to your school, you need to know what to watch for and how to keep the quality education you are paying for or providing.
Learn more and receive your Grassroots Action Kit with everything you need to inform people in your district about Common Core and data collection.