CALL TO ACTION – WEEK 2
SIGN THE PETITION
Welcome to Week 2 of our Call to Action series!
We are posting a new Call to Action each week, until the start of the next legislative session on January 13, 2014. There is not much time! We need every concerned Kansan to help spread the truth about Common Core and participate in the effort to restore local education in Kansas.
This week we need as many signatures as possible!!!
The signed petition will be presented to legislators, the Governor’s office, and others during the upcoming legislative session.
Click on this link to sign our petition online:
Help us get even more signatures by PRINTING & SHARING!
Take copies with you to the grocery store, play dates, lunch with friends, etc.
SIGN, SIGN, SIGN
Download and print copy of our petition, sign and mail to:
Kansans Against Common Core
P.O. Box 108
Pratt, KS 67124
Support Local Control of Education in Kansas – Stop Common Core
We reject the Federal Government’s intrusion into our education system and want control over what is taught in our classroom returned to our state and local school boards.
• Common Core removes control of our state k-12 education standards from Kansas and puts it in the hands of private trade organizations who wrote and copyrighted the standards and who are not accountable to the public which pays for their implementation.
• It allows the federal government to dictate the terms of our teacher evaluations.
• It makes it practically impossible for local school districts to control their costs because independent consortia develop assessment tools which our districts must use. These on-line assessments are not only many times more expensive than our existing tests, they are a technical impossibility for many schools in our state who do not have broadband access to the internet.
• Common Core Standards are not internationally benchmarked as marketed, nor have they been tested and found to be superior to existing state standards. They have never been tried before. Their implementation in 45 states amounts to a massive pilot program that uses our children as test subjects.
• Common Core assessments ramp up the collection of personally identifiable data on our children. Through various agreements this data will be sent directly to the US Department of Education who has changed the Family Education Rights Privacy Act (FERPA) to allow this data to be shared with other government agencies and third parties without our knowledge or consent.
• The architect of the Common Core Standards has vowed to align the SAT tests to these standards thereby pressuring homeschoolers and private schools to teach to these standards as well. Millions of children will be lost inside a one size fits all system designed to create equal mediocrity among the new “global citizens.”
And don’t forget about Call to Action – Week 1
Thank you for taking time to make a difference!
Please share with other concerned Kansans.
Kansans Against Common Core